Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My thoughts are not your thoughts...............Most of the time.

Today I had a little profound experience. I parked a few blocks from UVU cause all the parking was full at the institute when I drove through it. And I was walking along a street that overlooks the institute parking lot on my way to class. I looked out over the parking lot and noticed 2 free spots. For a split second I considered running back, getting my car, and trying to get a closer spot, but quickly dismissed that idea as "retarded." But as I kept looking at these spaces available i noticed a few cars enter the parking lot, and drive through, not noticing these spots. They drove down a different lane! I got a little frustrated. I wanted to yell to them that there were some really close spots just right there. I even saw one car just down the row parked, waiting for students to come out and leave so they could have their spot.

Then I started thinking about how Heavenly Father must feel like this a lot. We have great opportunities right around the corner if we would just take the time to seek them out. Not only that, but he sees everything. He wants us to succeed, and must get really frustrated when we make the wrong choices that would lead us in a different direction then where he wanted us to go. I'm sure parents feel this way many times as well. I just hope that I can live my life so that revelation will guide me in the way heavenly father wants me to go.

I love when Heavenly Father gives me little experiences like this where for a split second my thoughts ARE his thoughts. Just a little tender mercy. I hope that as these thoughts keep coming I can make my ways his ways. I guess that walking to school early in the morning is a good time to let the spirit speak to me. Back in march or april I had another experience like this about earth worms that i blogged about (you can check it out if you want to). I guess Heavenly Father knew that I needed a little something like this today in preparation for the starter on my car breaking and leaving me stranded at the school that very afternoon. I'm grateful for his love and Mercy, And that he sees the big picture for my life, even when I have a hard time seeing it.

2 Comments:

Anna Peterson said...

This is wonderful Marc. Love that. It is so true. I continue to see more and more things that I didn't even think about when I was younger, and think, why didn't I think of that earlier?! Anyway, I'm glad you had that experience.

Crave said...

Marcus, you never cease to amaze me. Props to you for not only being not lazy and not retarded but for being a spiritual boy and for sharing your experience with me. :)