Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Life Is Precious

Sometimes I have the tendency to feel invincible.  Especially in high school.  Nothing could happen to me. I have done some very high risk activities to include skydiving, scuba diving, cliff jumping, rock climbing, extreme skiing, wake boarding, flying, etc.  After my mission I kind of realized that I wasn't invincible, but still had this attitude that nothing could happen to me.

Today all that changed.  A student from UVU, who I knew, and his instructor crashed in their airplane killing both of them.  They are not sure what happened yet, but its pretty humbling and eerie to think that just yesterday he was sitting behind me in class, and now he's gone from this world.  He got married a month after I did, so it hasn't even been a year yet.  I've always taken the stance that these things happen to other people.  Somebody else, but not me.  Even though UVU has had 400,000 successful flying hours since 1987, all it takes is one unsuccessful one to cast a huge shadow.

I am so grateful for the protection I have had from Heavenly Father over the span of my short life, cause he knows I've done some stupid and outrageous things.  life is precious and we should live each day to its fullest.

2 Comments:

Ashley said...

oh my gosh that is so sad, that just makes me absolutely sick for his wife that he hasn't even been married to for a year yet! makes me teary just thinking about it!

Jaci said...

I'm so grateful that you are here today to celebrate your first anniversary with your wonderful wife. Happy anniversary Marc and Amanda. I love you both!