Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bitter-Sweet moments

Matt left for the MTC on July 15th.  It was a bitter sweet moment cause I know he's supposed to go, but I don't really want him to.  We've become really close over the past year and a half, and I'm really going to miss him.  Last summer we worked together literally all day, every day.  We washed windows together, and both worked the same nights at Little America.  Then he lived with me in provo during the 2008-2009 school year.  He's become one of my best friends.  I'm excited for him though, don't get me wrong.  He's going to have some awesome experiences.  He's going to the Baltic mission (Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania- in between Finland and Russia).  He's speaking russian, so he's got his work cut out for him.  I'm excited to start getting his letters.

Incase some of you haven't heard, they do the MTC drop off a little different now.  When I went in there was like an hour meeting and you watched sappy Mormon ads, the MTC president spoke to you, and there was the dreaded two doors.  The missionary went out one, and the family went out the other.  Your emotions really got ramped up.  But the way they do it now is you drive up to the curb inside the MTC, where there are some missionaries there waiting to help with the bags.  You have about 3 minutes to say good bye and off he goes with one of the other missionaries.  You watch him walk away.  It's a little emotional (but I didn't cry or anything like that), but I like this way better than the other way. Its like a band-aid.  Just rip it off and get over it.  Good Luck Matt, I love ya. 

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me laugh and cheering me up as we drove away from the MTC. Love you! Mom

Craig said...

Why would they change the MTC experience?!?!?!?! Deep down I have a feeling this is related to the swine flu or liberals...

What's next...they email your mission call instead of mailing it!