Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Up to speed

Once again it has taken me a while to update this blog.  I've just been so busy.  Here is a brief update for half of March and April.


We went to San Clemente, CA for my cousin Alex's wedding.  We drove to Vegas on Thursday, then the rest of the way to CA of Friday.  That evening there was a wedding rehearsal and a dinner.  It was fun to see all the family.  The next day we went to the beach and played in the waves with my nephews, build sand castles, etc.  Then the wedding was that afternoon.  I was an usher and got to walk my aunt down the aisle (the grooms mom).  The wedding was in a stake parking lot overlooking the ocean.  It was a beautiful view.  Then the reception later that night.  The next day we drove back home.  So it was a quick trip, but fun.

I found out I am going to Field training this summer at Maxwell AFB for the Air Force ROTC.  It was really competitive this year.  Last year they had to cut about 200 guys from the program, this year they had to cut 900!  They only allow so many people to go to field training each summer, because when you get a slot to go to field training it saves a spot for you to become an Air Force officer when you graduate.  They can only allow so many new officers a year.  I recently found out that I am going from June 20th to July 16th.  It will not be fun to leave Amanda for a month, but it is exciting that I got the slot.  Only 74% of the cadets from BYU got in, with a 70% average.

We had our semi annual dining out for the ROTC.  We dress up in our service dress and have a formal dinner.  It is really fun.


Amanda is graduating this week.  I am so proud of her!  she has done really well in the BYU nursing program, and has worked hard.  The senior commencement is on thursday, and as a member of the Air Force color guard I am leading all the seniors into the Marriot center.  Then there is the graduation ceremony on friday for the nursing program.  Her family is coming into town wednesday night, so it will be fun to see all them.

The other night a bunch of the girls from the nursing program all met up provo canyon and I built a bon fire for them to burn their BYU student scrubs.  It was fun to hear them swap stories.

1 Comments:

Jaci said...

Marcus,

I was reading your blog and thought I would send you a comment. Great idea to have the blog! I look at it often. Congratulations on Boot Camp. I am very excited for you and proud of you.

Love, Dad