Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bi-Annual Review

I am horrible at updating this blog, and its been a long time.  In fact, last post I made the spring semester was almost over, and not the fall semester is about to start. Yikes, where did the summer go?

This summer I have been working like Crazy washing windows all day, losing weight by swimming and running a ton, and seems like thats about it.

I've been camping a few times this summer, but I couldn't go as much as I wanted because up until mid July there was still snow in the mountains.

On June 4th, 11 of my friends and I did the "Dirty Dash."  It is a 5k race at Soldier Hollow.  It was fun.  The entire race was through the mud, and a bunch of obstacles.  By the end everybody was way muddy.  we were able to get a group picture.


As part of our multiple hiking/camping trips, Amanda and I hiked up to some hot springs in diamond fork Canyon.  It was 3 miles up, and was way fun.

We have had a lot of fun adventures with our dog.  In this picture, We were able to crawl back behind the waterfall.  It was pretty neat.

Another trip I went on was hiking King's Peak, the tallest mountain in Utah.  It is 13,528 ft.  Me, Apollo, and 3 other friends hiked up 8 miles to the base camp at Dollar lake.
This was our view of Dollar lake right outside of our tent.  It was awesome up there.  Very beautiful.  On tuesday we hiked up to the summit.  It was 16 miles round trip from our base camp to the summit.  Very difficult at times.  Apollo made it the entire way up, I was very impressed.  The last mile is very steep, and you have to jump from boulder to boulder, but he made it up like a champ.  Everybody that saw him going up and down were very impressed he had made it.

One more adventure we had was hiking up to the Timpanogos Cave.  It was more of a hike than anticipated, but after doing kings peak it wasn't too bad.  The cave was pretty cool.

All in all, the summer has gone by way too fast, but it has been a good one.  I wanted to do a lot of fun things this summer, since it is my last here in Utah.  I love the outdoors, and I will definitely miss that about this state.

2 Comments:

Melissa said...

Yea for an update! Looking thin!

Jaci said...

Love the pictures!