Sunday, September 4, 2011

New Uniform

I just received my new flight suit. (well, new to me, not new though).  Since I am now a senior, and have a rated slot I was issued a flight suit for my new uniform.  A few weeks ago I flew to Wright-Patterson AFB in Ohio for a Class I flight physical.  They ran so many tests.  The testing lasted 8 hours a day for 3 days.  They did chest x-rays, dental exam, dental x-rays, EKG's, color blind test, depth perception test, hearing test, a 4 hour psych evaluation, urine and blood test, a ton of eye tests, etc.  Luckily the Department Of Defense paid for my ticket, but I got over 5,000 sky miles.  I was extremely nervous to go to the flight physical cause thats where a lot of people get disqualified.  It can take up to 8 weeks to hear back the official word if I passed or not, but the doctor said not to worry about anything.  They have to send all the results to Head Quarters, and Head Quarters has the official say wether I pass or not, but I unofficially passed.  Now I just have to hope that enough people didn't pass and I get bumped up to a pilot spot.  My commander is thinking that I will find out in the next month or two if I get bumped to pilot, however it could happen any day until I graduate in April.

Here is me in my flight suit.  Currently I am on track to become a Combat Systems Officer (CSO).  This Job replaced Navigator, but they do so much more than navigate.  The flight suit is so comfortable, and I will get to wear one wether I'm a pilot or CSO.  The only place they train CSO's is in Pensacola, FL.  We have been looking a lot online about Pensacola, and the more I learn about CSO's, the more I have decided that I won't be too disappointed if I don't get bumped to pilot, however I still really want to fly.  If I get bumped to Pilot I will go to training in either Florida, Mississippi, Texas, or Oklahoma.  I'll keep you posted.

4 Comments:

Crave said...

Marc that sounds awesome! Good work and keep me posted. You look sharp in that suit.

Ashley said...

Lookin good, I'm glad everything went well with your testing!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I'm sure you'll do well at whatever they give you to do. You look sharp in your uniform.

Anonymous said...

Are you still trying to sell the camper shell?? JVW@VA-Firearms.com