Thursday, May 14, 2009

Live & Casual

We threw a concert on May 9th at Rock Canyon Park in Provo.  It was really fun!  I opened up the concert with a song called "It doesn't matter" from Donavan Frankenreiter, "I'm Yours" from Jason Mraz, and my room mate and I did an acoustic version of "Beat It" from Michael Jackson (pictured above).  The layout was pretty sweet.  We played in a pavilion at the park, with a hill right next to it, so people sat on blankets and listened.  It had a Usana Amphitheatre feel to it.
Andrew Smith played a bunch of original songs, including songs from his recently released album "Sunrise EP."  He is amazing at the guitar, and has some really good songs.  I have the privilege to room with him.
The closer was a guy named Alex Miller.  He was in our ward last year at Liberty Square.  He is very talented as well and drew quite a crowd.  He played until about 10 o'clock.  It turned out to be a better turn out than I expected.  I think everybody had fun.  We'll definitely have to do it again soon.
I really like this picture I took from the top of the hill.  The pavilion was sitting right on top of the hill at the park, making for a great view of Provo city.  This picture doesn't really do the sight justice, but you can kinda get a feel for it.






0 Comments: