Thursday, May 14, 2009

Quite a sigh of relief

So here is what I've been going through for the past month or so.  I went and did a medical test for the Air Force called a DODMERB (Department Of Defense Medical Exam......RB).  Everything went well except the hearing test.  Apparently I have a hard time with high pitches.  Anyways, they disqualified me to fly for the Air Force.  That has basically been my dream for many many years, as long as I can remember.  I was heart broken!  I literally cried, although I'm a little ashamed to admit it.  So I've been tearing my hair out for the past month trying to decide what I'm going to do with my life.  I want to be a pilot, whether I do it military or civilian.  Problem is, if I go civilian I have to pay about $60,000 for all the hours.  I really don't want to go into that much debt.  So I was looking into all my options, stressing out pretty bad.  

Well, I talked to a lady at the ROTC, and she said I could retake the hearing test.  So I did a bunch of ear wax removal stuff, wore ear plugs, and got a blessing then went and retook the test.  I just got the results back today and I'm once again qualified to fly military.  Its such a sigh of relief.  I don't know how much I qualified by, but I did.  I know  its because of the blessing.  I'm so grateful for this 2nd chance.  I feel like having this opportunity taken away from me and given back has motivated me to try even harder and reach my dream.  

3 Comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so happy to hear that! Good for you. I'm glad you got a second chance. Love the picture. You look awesome!

Crave said...

Even though you're sitting with me and reading over my shoulder, I want you to know that I am happy for you, and think you're freaking awesome. Love you marc.

Ashley said...

I am so glad you got another chance too, there is nothing worse than finding out you can't have what you want more than anything else! Just goes to show that Heavenly Father is mindful of everything we do.