Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sin To Commandment In 30 Minutes

Its been a while since my last post. The last month has been pretty crazy with the wedding. But its all over now, which is a relief. Here are a few thoughts. I don't have any pictures yet, but I will put some on once I get them.

Amanda's family came into town thursday the 19th, and we had dinner at my parents house. It was really fun. I think the families got along well. Two of Amanda's young women leaders also flew in for the wedding. They were awesome and a HUGE help. Friday morning I attempted to go to class, but couldn't focus, so I went and took an anatomy quiz at the testing center (and I thought it was hard to focus in class, this quiz killed me). Then i went back to the apartment and hung out with my then soon-to-be father-in-law. Amanda and all the girls came over and her sisters informed me that the brides maid dresses had been left in North Carolina! Yikes. So when the girls left to get their nails done her dad and I spent the next while on the phone and internet trying to find a way to get them overnighted to SLC in time for the wedding. Nobody told Amanda cause we didn't want her to get stressed. She eventually found out though, but it was at a time right after the sealing when she didn't care very much cause she was in awe, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Friday night we went through the Salt lake Temple for Amanda's Endowments. It was really neat to be there with her. A bunch of my family was there, and her dad and young women leader Sis Howe. The spirit was so strong and she loved it. After the temple we all went to Cafe Rio.

The wedding morning for the groom is polar opposites than it is for the bride. The whole morning Amanda was running around getting ready, etc. i woke up around 8, got up and ate some lucky charms and cheese toast with my nephew Isaac and niece Grace. Then I took a shower, shaved, and went to the church to help set up for the reception. A bunch of awesome ward members were there and I didn't have much to do cause they did such a good job. So then I came home and put on my suit and drove to the temple with my mom.

The sealing was awesome. My uncle Neuenschwander sealed us. He talked a lot about covenants and how each covenant we make there is an ordinance involved. It was crazy to think that up to the moment I walked into that temple I could be excommunicated for the same thing that I would be encouraged to do with Amanda 1/2 hour later. The luncheon and reception were awesome and we are very grateful to everyone that helped pull it together. The cultural hall looked incredible. It was an amazing day. I think that is all I will cover in this post, but there will be more to follow soon.

1 Comments:

Ashley said...

glad Alex and I could be there, it was a perfect day :)