Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Getting hit while crossing easy street

Sometimes I really wish there was an easy button for the opposite sex.  I think I've figured out why girls and guys can't figure each other out.  Here's my theory.  Girls (as everybody knows and can't argue) are very complicated creatures.  Guys are very simple, probably too simple.  As Jerry Seinfeld puts it "nothing goes on in guys heads.  We are just walking around, looking around."  So women expect men to be more complicated than they are, because that is what makes sense to them.  They can't understand that guys aren't.  So even though they try to de-complicate stuff when they work with guys, it still isn't enough.  To them, something like a hint can be extremely obvious, but it still goes over a guys head.  I'll let you girls in on a little secret;  STOP TRYING TO GIVE GUYS HINTS! It won't work.  They won't get it.  Please just say what you are thinking.  It's scary, I know, but if you want something to be understood then just say it.
Which brings me to my next point:  Another problem I have with the whole guy/girl misunderstanding is when a girl will agree to several dates, and have no intention of ever dating the guy.  Every girl I've talked to about this always says "but its rude to say no to a date."  Well let me tell ya, its much more rude to lead the guy on and keep going out with him.  If your not interested, then don't do little things that the guy might interpret to mean you are into him.  Anyways, sorry to get on my soap box about this.  But it really does bother me.  Well...................................that's all I got to say about that.  
   

4 Comments:

Kristin said...

I totally understand the frustration! The worse thing for me was when the guy didn't get a hint that I wasn't interested, even when I said no to dates! That definitely happened to me right before I met Jason - I went on 2 dates with a guy, was not interested, and told him no NUMEROUS times. He then proceeded to come to my apartment every evening and sit on the couch, waiting for me to come home. Needless to say, it was awkward!

Ashley said...

ah the games of trying to figure out the opposite sex, let me let you in on a little secret, it can be just as frustrating sometimes when your married as well, so just get used to it :0)

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed this post. I will try harder for you Mark.

Crave said...

My favorite quote from Andy Smith: "Girls have one reponsibility: give boys a red light or a green light. And yet all I ever get is a flashing yellow." Good luck as you weather the stormy seas of estrogen, buddy. :)