Monday, April 13, 2009

A Tender Mercy

Saturday morning we went to the Jordan River Temple for Matt to take out his endowments.  It was really neat to be there for that.  My mom of course cried because it was her baby going through the temple.  She has entered the stage of crying every time we mention missions.  She did it with me, but just recently entered this stage with Matt, so we would tease her and say she must not be sad with the thought of Matt leaving.  Anyways, we had a lot of family there which made it really neat as well.  It was me, Matt and my parents.  My aunt Joni and Uncle Elder Neuenschwander, Aunt Marcia and cousin Dave, My grandma and grandpa Lee, and Aunt Karla.  We then went to Olive Garden afterwards for lunch.  I'm glad Matt has made the choice to go on a mission and serve the Lord, and that we are all worthy to be in the temple together.  I wish my sisters and their husbands could have been there.

3 Comments:

Kristin said...

Yea Matt! I am so excited for him. I wish we could have been there!

Ashley said...

I wish I could have been there too!

Melissa said...

I'm so sad that I missed it! Why didn't you fly down here and pick us all up?